08 May 2011

carbon copy


One morning, I sat before the desk of a school administrator and we were discussing my queries and other matters related to my brother's and my pamangkins' future schooling with them. In the midst of our discussion, she said, "You know what? You remind me of someone I know back in my high school days. Your built, your facial features, your smile, even your set of teeth... You and her are so alike." I was just listening while a bright smile was glued to my face. She continued, "She was my classmate. Her name is Evie Saputil." By the time she finished that sentence, I almost jumped and said, "Oh! She's my mum!" And we all laughed together with my Tita Helen, who while laughing also burst into tears upon hearing everything-- I guess it was a mix of momentary nostalgia and of an overwhelming incident.

Nanay, nanay talaga kita! Walang pwedeng magkamali. Ha ha. Carbon copy tayo eh! : )

Happy Mother's Day, Mummy/Mama/Nanay!
I love you.

1 comment:

Jayde said...

Happy mother's day to your mom!:)