24 April 2010

only 4 olyn

When I was little,
I used to believe in the concept of one best friend,
And then I started to become a woman.
And then I found out that if you allow your heart to open up,
God would show you the best in many friends. 


One friend is needed when you're going through things with your man.
Another friend is needed when you're going through things with your mom.
Another will sit beside you in the bleachers as you delight in your children and their activities
Another when you want to shop, share, heal, hurt, joke, or just be.
One friend will say, 'Let's cry together,'
Another , 'Let's fight together,'
Another , 'Let's walk away together.'  


One friend will meet your spiritual need,
Another your shoe fetish,
Another your love for movies,
Another will be with you in your season of confusion,
Another will be your clarifier,
Another the wind beneath your wings. 


-- Excerpts from Girls in My Circle -- 




and there is this one woman in my lifetime--from the yesteryears of our childhood until forever-- who shall never leave my circle. one who is the best in ways we know what we are to each other. one that i shall grow old with as my bestest friend. :)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLYN!
IL7, Bez!

No comments: